PDF version (updated in late 2022)
Senior Software Engineer at Shopify / Vancouver, BC, Canada / 1 (236) 412-4649 / firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 ~ Present - Senior Software Engineer, Shopify
Build Shopify Functions from the ground up. Shopify Functions is a platform to provide extensibility for Shopify which allows 1st and 3rd party developers to customize the backend logic that powers Shopify.
- Participate in various initial prototypes and explorations around WebAssembly
- Lead performance exploration to conclude a solid trade-offs on the architecture
- Build core service to manage the main business logic and expose API
- Build and scale the engine to safely and efficiently execute WASM modules
- Create a codegen tool around AssemblyScript to enable guest serialization for WASM modules
- Work with Discount team to wrap the extensible discounts as the first API set to release Shopify Functions
- Tech stack: WebAssembly, Rust, AssemblyScript, Ruby, Rails, Hanami, MySQL, DDD
Build Shopify Flow from the ground up. Shopify Flow is an ecommerce automation solution which then becomes the most recognizable feature for Shopify Plus.
- Participate in product design and iteration to help launch Shopify Flow and further development
- Instrument and monitor the system, take on-calls, handle incidents and conduct RCAs
- Scale Flow engine 100x to handle the increasing volume of daily traffic and peak traffic from BFCM
- Design a GraphQL context batch fetcher to solve bottleneck in messages processing and increase performance 30x
- Design a schema conflict resolver to tackle the long-lived tech debt, which tracks, monitors and migrates the unversioned schema changes
- Mentor intern and participate in team hiring
- Tech stack: Ruby, Rails, TypeScript, React, GraphQL, EventMachine, MySQL, Kafka
Umeng Analytics is the leading mobile app analytical platform in China. We implement data analysis and statistics Web products using Ruby on Rails.
- Participate in product iteration over Umeng main site and admin system, which aggregates and displays analytical data through dashboards
- Build Developer Center, a CMS system for developers to read online documents and download SDK packages
- Build API & OAuth service, for third-party company to authenticate, authorize, and query data
2008 ~ 2012 - Bachelor, Software Engineering, East China Normal University