A weekly log on my life and personal growth
W17 (04/15 - 04/21)
- Finish the first draft of my financial planning and investment
- Have a trip to Detroit with Jasmine
- MOCA, DIA, Pistons vs Bucks game, Belle Isle
W16 (04/08 - 04/12)
- Listen to Wasmer is taking WebAssembly beyond the browser
- Surprisingly find and listen to this new released podcast, which happens to match exactly with what we are working on.
- Finish reading The Value of Simple
- A great to book to start one’s personal finance adventure, especially for Canadians. It’s to be noted that the author also provides a list of tools and book guides, which is super helpful.
- Start my first Monthly Expense review
- Research on Pay back mortgage or invest in bond? and discuss with friends
- House work to welcome spring
W15 (04/01 - 04/05)
- Lost the basketball game in semi-final
- 继去年在半决赛一分惜败后，这次输了两分 😥
- Watch Persona
- 看过之后非常困惑，整个过程就是慢慢跟不上导演的节奏。即便如此，很多画面深刻地印在了我的脑海，回来的路上一直不断地回放。在豆瓣上看到了这篇影评我很赞同，基本上解释了我所有的疑问。即使单纯作为一遍散文来读，也是很有收获，Persona (假面)：沉默的假面
- Finish reading Wealthing Like Rabbits
- It’s a good start for my personal financial learning. The examples in the book are really persuasive, which I appreciate the most. However, I don’t really agree with the saving part. I understand the fact that we should figure out what we truly need or what the money could buy us indeed, but what I infer from the part is kinda what the author tries to avoid, which is to sacrifice your living quality for future. Especially, to ask for used baby clothes from a friend implicitly sounds manipulative to me.
- Finish the second chapter of Writing An Interpreter In Go for parsing techniques
- Skim over the Programming WebAssembly with Rust.
- It’s an ok book that I put my main focus on WebAssembly even though half of the book are examples for using Rust to write WA modules. It gives me some context knowledge of WA, like how it’s developed over time and how it gets used inside and outside of the browser.